Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Orange and Pastry Cream ?



Classic Swiss Roll


Delicious spongy, soft cake rolled over smooth cream wrapped over whatever you like actually. This is one of my very few first attempts to make cake rolls. The first few time were epic failures, believe me. But finally something that kinda looks right hehe =). Doesn't this just brings back nostalgia, my mommy use to buy this from some small bakery or even pasar malam and we would just peel off the cake, unravel the roll, eating each soft layer. Simple yet so yummy! 





This time I chose a basic vanilla sponge together with orange! And the extra pastry cream that I had. Very refreshing and tangy, you can feel the pulp bursting in your mouth =). But sponge was quite good as well but the pastry cream was a little disappointing, not as smooth when I just made it...Oh well use something else next time then.



On the way to deliciousness!





Dusted with a little coco powder, it wasn't too sweet which is awesome! So don't worry too much about the calories hehe =). Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment