Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bonjour! ^< French Bread



Hmmmmmmmm! The smell of French bread coming out of the oven.It's something you hope and pray to smell when you wake up first thing in the morning. The smell itself (in a good way) would just wake you up, forget about the alarm clock. It's like waking up into a happy happy day =). I made these last weekend, they bring back memories of me working in the bakery...fun fun time except for some..haha.




After a few sweet deserts, I was thinking maybe try something different.Making bread at home is not the quite the same as at the bakery. Well for one, the recipe the different and I don't have the magical machine that poofs bread in minutes =( but I still managed even the dough feeling is a little sticky *looks at hand*. After many hours * exaggerates* , beep, out of the ovens it comes =) yay! Fresh Baguette! The crack of the crust, the hollow knock when u tap the bread the aromatic smell of freshness..ooooo! =) plus I put some rosemary, I think, gives it an extra something.






Baguette!







Plain kinda boring? I thought so. So I made sandwiches and garlic bread! =) Some lucky people had some *hehe you know who you are* In the sandwich I had roast duck, cheese and some veggie with some sauce to make it not so dry. Imagine, crispy bread with delicious savory roast duck and melted cheese with fresh veg. The texture itself is yum already! hehe. And the other, the smell of buttery garlic bread with some herb on top! The fragrant garlic smell sticks to you and it's quite addictive. You all should go get some too! =) More pictures for your viewing pleasure.









Bites! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment