Friday, September 9, 2011

My 'Last' Chocolate Showpiece at Academy!


Well most of you know I've been out of school for quite a while now, but I've been stirring up something of my own at home! Haha well you shall find out soon enough. For now, just a little reminiscing the good ol' days in academy! One of the few things I don't think I'll have any chance to encounter again, is making showpieces for pastry! It's sad but true these thing are just pretty to see, edible...but.......I don't think you would eat 2 feet of sugar or chocolate yes? haha!


For my last 3 months of my course we learnt to design and made the whole showpiece ourselves but of course with chef's supervision. Out of all the edible showpieces, CHOCOLATE is obviously my FAVOURITE!! =) Not because I get to eat it in the end, which I don't, but how amazing chocolate can be! You could practically make anything from it!As long as the room is cool enough for the chocolate to survive it's pretty stable and quite easy to handle. I love the fact that if you want to make changes you can just melt the chocolate back in the pot and make it again! But of course I know some people who just HATES this! From the tempering to the whole mess at the end of the day! Believe me A LOT of chefs wear black when the work with chocolate hahaha!!! no explanation needed. What makes it interesting is that the skill you use making the showpieces can actually be applied to regular chocolate deco and bonbons! Pictures for now!



Shiny Chocolate Spheres =)


I was quite happy with the outcome of the whole showpiece =) More to come! Hopefully ONE DAY I'll be given a chance to do this again =)

No comments:

Post a Comment