Monday, August 1, 2011

Life Besides Pastry...


Hello!!! "Que Charlie Brown waves" Yes I have been away for a while now...After graduating I hit a  MAJOR SPEED BUMP on my, what I thought to be all going well and perfect, life...Well some of you might know me to be quite a private person so I shall not share my sob stories here. But I'm feeling better now, I hope, but it's still pretty hard. On a little brighter note, I would like to share something more recent that has been happening...beside doing some work here and there at home, I went on a little trip with my family to PENANG, the wonderful island city. I haven't been there for a number of years now, from every promised trip delayed, I finally made it there with my family. It was great to see my aunts and uncle, who welcomed us with warm arms and I remembered why I love going back there =). Penang has changed a little but also at the same time not really. Food was still good and lucky us the weather was too! Well I'll just visually show you what I did through pictures. 

 highway view from kl to penang
A familiar sight of marble mountains when we were about to reach Ipoh

Poor skinny trees next to the highway

Reaching Ipoh for more yummies! I haven't really toured the whole place before though.

Family yellow car

My FAVOURITE salted chicken!!! That's why I'm stopping in IPOH lol!

Dinner in Penang, it started like this and ended up.......

LIKE THIS!

 View from the balcony in the morning

Waking up to this is quite awesome

Busy breakfast in the morning market

Hawkers running around, that's MR GHEE CHEONG FUN

My morning milo ais! omg I DO miss drinking this in the morning, Best thing for KIDS!

Curry noodles

Ghee cheong fun


Char Kuey Teow, Haha sorry I keep forgetting to take pictures and start eating first..

Crispy APOM but nothing beats my favourite banchang kuih!

Exploring the new Straits Quay, It was quite cool

With nice places to sit next to the sea

MY 'BOAT' hahahhaa!

Oh have you seen 'MY YACHT' LOL!!

And how could I miss seeing some of the local pastry scene 

This place was huge!

 Connecting to some VERY PRETTY houses
Life of the 'posh'

Saw a very cute shop that reminded me of KL


Christine would like this shop..

This was THE BEST shop there I think! I took like a gazillion pictures! How could you not LOVE Charlie Brown and Snoopy!!!

So cute!!!


HAHAHA my sam yee is not as tall as CHARLIE

My mom and I..LOL I'm the same height as the characters

Yeah I don't like going to SCHOOL too! lol

We felt quite adventurous, so we went to the BOTANICAL GARDEN


Nice shaddy walk, reminds me of  the cycling place in Shah Alam

Aunts getting excited seeing some plants..LOL

Mini juggle track



They liked the tree for some reason lol and had to take a picture.

I love this tree too..Must get one when I have a nice house

More eating, penang lobak! and chicken rice..I ate finish the chicken rice and realise i forgotten to take a picture..haha

At the 'END OF THE WORLD' technically the end of the island lol!

Pretty cool, but the boat was sinking. Quite dramatic, firemen and all had to come and rescue

Walking all the way out

And this was DINNER! I only had one picture because I was busy stuffing my face. Went home and ate more stuff, fruits and etc. Local fruits season! Screams seeing cempedak and manggis!

Next morning, the long awaited banchang kuih! OMG this was THE BEST!!!! Must have when I'm back there.Lunch we had asam laksa, cendol and even more food. No pictures sadly..I was too slow and they ended up in my tummy already =(. So I had an eating spree..was so fully I could explode! But it was pretty fun and after lunch we headed home to KL =)

BYE BYE Penang! So I do have a life besides pastry lol! and I did feel a bit better after this nice trip.And hopefully I will have more fun the next time I visit! =)



1 comment:

  1. oooo..u were at straits quay..yeah sugar..the shop was the one tht did my cupcake which i mention to you..and smidapaper is where i got all my papers..haha...

    ReplyDelete