Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Orange Meringue TaRts!





Aaaaaahhhhhhh! Joys of sweet tarts! Doesn't it just makes you smile by just looking at it? Thanks to my wonderful boss *hi boss!* who gave me a super duper pastry book I was able to expand my love for baking beside production hehe =) Dum Dum Dum Dummmmmmmm I present to you Orange Meringue Tart!




The crust was crumbly and flaky just the way everyone likes it, well at least the people who ate it, but it was still strong enough to hold both the orange curd and meringue topping! yum yum =) The best part is, I think, it's a less fattening tart! Because meringue is just egg whites and it consist of oranges, took me 8 oranges to make the curd so it was BURSTING with vitamin C! Some might say that meringue might not be that safe to eat but I think it's totally fine after I burnt it a little. It gives it a crispy layer outside but still soft inside like burnt marshmallow! Awesome isn't it? Unfortunately it turns soggy after it goes into the fridge over night =( but it should be fine if it's left outside a day or two.



Sadly I think it's too sweet for my first try, I shall chop some sugar away next time!, but it was still pweeeety! Oh and zester shall be my new best friend if I can afford one =) no no for bitter orange peel There's still much that can be improved in this, still a first good try .White mice mice didn't get any =( sad for him, got sick so I made orange juice instead hahaha didn't know I made this too hehehe shhhhh! next time la ^^. For now more pictures!










Swirly!




That's all for now! mummm mummm mumm! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment