Sunday, May 22, 2011

Classic Cake yo!


Hi everyone! I'm back with more cakes!!! This round is about classic cakes. I'm sure everyone recognize the cake about..OH YES it is the all so famous Fraiser, for the french and STRAWBERRY SHORT CAKE! for the rest of us! For all those strawberry lovers out there, this is definitely your favourite!. 



We did a little twist to this one by adding a layer of fruit jelly in the middle to give it a little contrast in texture and also add more strawberry-ness to it! yum! We also experimented with adding some spice to the syrup itself..lol but I must say it's not everyone's cup of tea...And of course a try at decorating the cake ourselves..but chef did help us with the spraying =)...hehehe 'cheating'..


You must be wondering what's this odd looking one? Hahaha believe me I had the same impression when I heard about it! It's actually a SORBET cake, also known as Vacherin ! Can you imagine!!!!??? LOL I never thought it's a classic cake but apparently it is =) I've never done it or even heard about it before..and now I understand why! This baby isn't that easy to make!It requires some precision and of course the perfect condition, in other word the FREEZER it is after all a sorbet cake, like an ice-cream cake =) 



Due to the fact that sometime school's condition isn't at all times 'ideal' so it made it a little more challenging to make..But never the less, chef came up with 'ideas' to make it POSSIBLE! LOL! dramatic much..In case you were wondering the white stuff is actually meringue, kinda like Pavlova for some of you who are more familiar with that and it is layered with 3 different types of sorbet in the center and deco all around with meringue deco. I tend to make the sorbet more sour for this cake due to the fact that the meringue is prrrrrrrrreeeeetttttyyy sweet! And look at the amount of it 0.0 so sour was a good thing..so it stays light and refreshing! =) I had lemon, blackberry and strawberry as my sorbet. Some said it was a yay but for some it's a nay cause it's extremely sour and sweet at the same time???? lol..but of course we can always change the flavours...


So this is what happened after we 'attacked' it..and surprisingly it survived the trip home! lol and I didn't even have an ice box with me, not even dry ice or anything..hehehe! anyway that's all for now..visit soon! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment