Monday, April 11, 2011

Onto Something More Recent LOL! Dessert Plating =)


Hello everyone =). Due to the fact I'm tooooooooooo far behind on my blogging, I've decided to post something more recent to keep me and everyone else more up to date =). Yes recently I've learn more about plated dessert from my dear Chef Frederic. It's his favourite topic! He patiently explains the true meaning of a plated dessert from his perspective, from the visual, the composition, texture and of course FLAVOUR which is all so important! "emphasize by him" With his guidance, my classmates and I were able to produce all these beautiful plates like what you see in regular fine dining experiences =)

Some of you might have seen this before and might be wondering where...hrmmm? It's one of our production for a chinese newspaper article. But here are more detailed pictures compared to the ones in the newspaper I think =). Above is a apricot mint couli with creme brule and topped with tuile and lime sorbet. And for deco it's edible flowers and caramel almonds..Sounds yum no?


This one required more work. It has five components, chocolate mille feulle, pear tartin, chill chocolate fondant,saffron chocolate raviolli and chocolate macaroon with creme fraiche sorbet =). Just saying it it's a mouthful. The preparation work was quite a bit but the outcome was WOW!



On to the next plate it's a mini fruit basket with vanilla bavarois 'I forgot the term called in french lol'. Paired with raspberry couli , fresh raspberry and apple crumble sponge. This is one of my favourite plate too =). Big berry fan!!!!

This one is a cherry rose bavarois together with a lime chiboust mille feulle and white chocolate mousse hat =)

Well I'm just gonna show u most of our work during that week for your visual enjoyment =). "virtual waves" bye! =)






 Enjoy!

1 comment: